The following information is meant for everyone however, if you're struggling, unsure or need more help please call us.
We're friendly and here to help you!
Acceptable Files for Banner Printing
• EPS (Encapsulated Post Script)
• AI (Adobe Illustrator)
• PDF (Adobe PDF)
• PSD (Adobe Photoshop)
• JPG (High Resolution JPEG)
• TIFF (High Resolution TIFF)
Vector files are line art, scalable to any size without losing resolution - the image will stay clean and crisp
• EPS (CS5 or lower)
• AI (CS5 or lower)
Please convert all fonts to outlines or curves. Vector files can be submitted at any size provided the design is proportionate to the banner size you would like printed.
Raster Files and Images
Raster files & images are pixel based images,. Depending on the resolution the image may become blurry as it is enlarged. We advise you to zoom in on the design hard to see if the quality of images holds or if it pixelates.
If submitting these files, please follow the guidelines below:
• 100% scale (full size output) at 100 dpi
• 50% scale at 200 dpi or higher
• 25% scale at 300 dpi or higher
Thumbnail sized jpg and gif. files are not at a high enough resolution to be used on large prints like banners. A good indication of raster quality is to look at the megabytes of the file. Large files of several MB’s are good. Kb files are poor.
Vectorising / Recreating Images
If you are unsure or not able to provide us with a good quality images or logos contact us for help and advice. We are on your side and willing to help sort problems out to your satisfaction.
Tips and Tricks
• No bleeds please. This is unusual to most in the print industry and graphic designers but is how we require your design.
• Set up size proportionate to the size banner you are ordering. Please contact us for further information if you are unsure.
• To prevent text or images having an eyelet punched through, you should always allow 30mm clearance around the edge of your design.
• Remember, convert all text to outlines
Exact sizes cannot be guaranteed as banners can fluctuate slightly during the process. Temperature will also affect the size of the banner as the pvc expands and contracts.
All our PVC and mesh banners are printed using the CMYK process. We do not print using RGB so it’s worth checking before sending your banner design to us to ensure colour perfection.